Wednesday 4 February 2015

Wednesday Week 3 - Rebecca Hulbert

Knock Knock
Who's There?
Carrot Carrot Who?
Karate Chop!

Knock Knock
Who's there?
2:30
2:30 who?
I made a dentist appointment cause my 2:30

Knock, Knock!
Who's there?
Yah.
Yah who?
No thanks I use Google.

...This was main occupation of our lunch hour. The thing I have realised with doing a play which has such huge emotions, and challenging circumstances is that our 'downtime' seems to be getting more and more ridiculous the more we are living in the world of the play in rehearsals! I guess it is a coping strategy, and definitely one that I am very much enjoying.

We ran scenes this morning, fine tuning sections of the play. The poetic way this play is written, means it is like it is a musical score at times, so the technique behind all the lines and the lengths of the pauses is really precise...really precise. So takes practise and practise and then more practise!

Then this afternoon we did a run of the piece, and yes, it works! It was exhausting but I think we have created something we are all really proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment